The sign on the building the entrance to the cemetery reads:
"Rogersville Forest Lawn Cemetery".
Directions: The cemetery is located on Cemetery Road, at the intersection of South Dansville Road/Route 46 before going up the hill that leads to the church at South Dansville Center.
Originated by Paul Giometti
Maintained by Deanne Knapp
Updated by Jean Kay Morse Jackson, Alyce Clayson Moran & Bob Glover
As of January 25, 2022, 1,162 entries have been made.
NOTE: This list is from gravestone readings, enhanced by information from obituaries and other sources. It is not an official record of the cemetery. This is a work in progress. There were burials made over time with no tombstones, and there were some that disappeared. If a person is listed in an obituary for this cemetery but no stone is found, we list them here. If there is no stone or obituary documenting burial here but it was highly like the person was buried at this cemetery, it is so noted. In some cases obituaries have listed the wrong cemetery. In some cases a person was buried in one cemetery and later moved to another.
Certificate of Incorporation published in the 1929 By-Laws and Regulations of the Rogersville Forest Lawn Cemetery Association,South Dansville, Steuben County, NY.
Owners of lots for the unincorporated cemetery known as Rogersville Cemetery met 17 August 1901 at the home of Ira G. Day for the purpose of incorporating the cemetery, which was located on the road running between Rogersville and Oak Hill, about one-half mile westerly from the Village of Rogersville, in the Town of Dansville, Steuben County, NY. The cemetery is actually located in the hamlet of South Dansville.
The name of the incorporated cemetery is Rogersville Forest Lawn Cemetery. The first directors were Henry Weiermiller (1846-1911), Ira Gale Day (1841-1906), and John Haight (1832-1908), all buried at the Rogersville Forest Lawn Cemetery. They signed the certificate of incorporation on 17 Aug 1901 and personally brought it before Cassius M. Ackley (1845-1915, also buried at the cemetery) who notarized it on 20 August 1901 in Avon, Livingston Co, NY.
E. A. Nash, Justice Supreme Court, approved the certificate and it was recorded on 3 Sep 1901.
|Photos by H. Ross Glover|
PLOT MAP from the cemetery bulletin board
Example: Plot # SF13 = South, Section [column] F, 13
Plot # NL3 is reserved for cremation ashes
To the listings: