TOWN OF COLD SPRING ELKO AT BOTTOM

BIOGRAPHICAL SKETCHES FROM: "HISTORICAL GAZETTEER AND BIOGRAPHICAL MEMORIAL of CATTARAUGUS COUNTY, NY, ed by WILLIAM ADAMS, Published 1893

Bio from:

Historical Gazetteer and Biographical Memorial of Cattaraugus Co. NY, ed by William Adams, pub 1893

History of the Town of Cold Spring Chapter XXI (21)

Page 497

Surnames: BRACE, ANGLE, REEVES

Elisha BRACE was born Jan. 13, 1818, and came to Randolph about 1825. He married Mary E., daughter of John ANGLE, and she bore him four children: Sophronia (Mrs. D. F. REEVES, of Cold Spring), Russell, of Randolph, Annett, and Ernest. Mr. BRACE died Sept. 9, 1861, on the farm in Cold Spring onto which he had moved in 1844, and which his widow still occupies.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bio from:

Historical Gazetteer and Biographical Memorial of Cattaraugus Co. NY, ed by William Adams, pub 1893

History of the Town of Cold Spring Chapter XXI (21)

Page 497

Surnames: BRUSHINGHAM, MASONER

Jeremiah BRUSHINGHAM was born in Ireland and came to America in 1857, locating on a farm in the town of Hinsdale, where he died in 1872. His widow now lives in Allegany. His children were Timothy J., Mary, James, Ella (deceased), and Anna. Timothy J. BRUSHINGHAM was born in Hinsdale, April 15, 1862. He was reared on the farm. His father dying when he was but ten years old the support of his mother and her younger children devolved upon his youthful shoulders. Upon reaching maturity he engaged in other business and in July, 1892, bought the Earl House in Steamburgh, converting it into the principal hotel in the village. In March, 1887, Mr. BRUSHINGHAM married Mary, daughter of Martin MASONER, of Allegany, and they have three children: Leo, Lloyd, and Hazel. He was engaged for four years in lumbering at Onoville, where he served two years as constable.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bio from:

Historical Gazetteer and Biographical Memorial of Cattaraugus Co. NY, ed by William Adams, pub 1893

History of the Town of Cold Spring Chapter XXI (21)

Page 497

Surnames: CONGLETON, BEARDSLEY, TIBETTS, WINN

Wilber CONGLETON, son of Phelps and Hannah (BEARDSLEY) CONGLETON, was born in Ellicott, Chautauqua county, Oct. 11, 1842. Phelps CONGLETON came from Vermont to Chautauqua county about 1812. A brother John served in the Black Hawk wars and became a captain in the navy in the Civil war, where he died. Phelps came to Randolph in 1852, but in 1863 returned and died in April, 1888. His first wife, who died May 24, 1864, bore him nine children: Mary J., Sarah A., James B., Luther C., William, 1st, Laura S., William, 2d, and Wilber, twins, and Rebecca. By his second wife, Mrs. TIBBETTS, he had no children. Mr. CONGLETON was fourteen years in the State militia and attained the rank of a non-commissioned officer.

Wilber CONGLETON was raised on a farm, came to the town of Randolph in the year 1852, and when fifteen years of age began life on the Allegheny river on a raft. In June, 1864, he enlisted in Co. C, 13th N. Y. H. A., at Steamburgh, and was honorably discharged in June, 1865. In 1867 he began rafting lumber down the Allegheny and Ohio rivers, which business he has continued more or less since. In Oct., 1873, Mr. CONGLETON came to Steamburgh, where he has become well known in political circles. A staunch Democrat in politics he is not an office-seeker; for one term, however, he accepted the position of justice of the peace. He is a member of D. T. Wiggins Post, G. A. R., Randolph. He is well known among the legal fraternity of western New York, having served them many times in important capacities. Jan. 14, 1879, Mr. CONGLETON married Jennie, daughter of Caleb WINN, of Sinclairville, Chautauqua county; children James H. (deceased) and Jennie M. L.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bio from:

Historical Gazetteer and Biographical Memorial of Cattaraugus Co. NY, ed by William Adams, pub 1893

History of the Town of Cold Spring Chapter XXI (21)

Page 497

Surnames: COVERT, ANGLE, WILSON, BUTLER, EWING, McMILLAN

Anthony COVERT was born in Dryden, Tompkins county, Nov. 30, 1821, and came to Chautauqua county with his father in 1837. In 1843 he came to Randolph, where he married Almira A., daughter of John N. ANGLE, and their children are John Asher, William N., and Lydia E. (Mrs. L. WILSON), who died Nov. 25, 1889. Mr. COVERT removed to his present farm in Cold Spring in 1846, and has since served as overseer of the poor and road commissioner. He has also carried on lumbering in connection with farming.

John Asher COVERT, born Feb. 2, 1849, married, first, Addie BUTLER, of Randolph, by whom he had three children Bessie, Herbert, and Glenn. Mrs. COVERT died in July, 1890, and he married, second, Margaret, daughter of Joel EWING, of Randolph. He is a farmer near his father.

William N. COVERT was born in Cold Spring, Jan. 15, 1854, and married, Feb. 2, 1873, Sibbie J., daughter of Alden McMILLAN, and they have had two children: Cora Alma, born April 1, 1874, and Hart A., who died Aug. 26, 1886. Mr. COVERT has served as excise commissioner and school trustee.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bio from:

Historical Gazetteer and Biographical Memorial of Cattaraugus Co. NY, ed by William Adams, pub 1893

History of the Town of Cold Spring Chapter XXI (21)

Page 498

Surnames: CULVER, PRICE

Noah CULVER, a soldier of the War of 1812, came to Little Valley about 1817. His sons were Lyman, Eliphalet, Noah, Jr., Edward, and Charles and his daughters were Charlotte, Martha, Eletha, Louisa, and Sally. Edward CULVER was fatally injured in the railroad accident in Steamburgh on Oct. 28, 1872, and died Nov. 2d following. His widow, Matilda PRICE, and son Jerome reside in Cold Spring. Lyman CULVER was a long time resident of this town and prominent and influential as a citizen. His daughter, Miss Helen CULVER, resides in Chicago, Ill., and by her own industry has accumulated a fortune running into the millions.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bio from:

Historical Gazetteer and Biographical Memorial of Cattaraugus Co. NY, ed by William Adams, pub 1893

History of the Town of Cold Spring Chapter XXI (21)

Page 498

Surnames: FLAGG, CROOK, WYMAN

Alpha FLAGG was born in Canada West, July 31, 1841, and came to South Valley in 1855 to work for his uncle, Elzi FLAGG. Later he engaged in farming there and in 1868 removed to Steamburgh as proprietor, first with Howard Wright and afterward alone, of the Steamburgh House, which he conducted until August 20, 1876, when he went to Salamanca as landlord of the Dudley House. He returned to Steamburgh in 1877 to resume the proprietorship of his former hotel, running, it until June 1, 1882, when he went to South Valley. There he remained until April 11, 1888, when he again returned to Steamburgh as proprietor of the Steamburgh House, which he conducted until July 1, 1892, when be converted it into his own dwelling and became assistant postmaster under H. G. WYMAN, which position he now fills. Mr. FLAGG married Laura, daughter of Nathan CROOK, one of the first settlers in Cold Spring; children: Cleve M., Carl P., Ruth, and an infant deceased.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bio from:

Historical Gazetteer and Biographical Memorial of Cattaraugus Co. NY, ed by William Adams, pub 1893

History of the Town of Cold Spring Chapter XXI (21)

Page 497

Surnames: HACKET, PRICE, CROWLEY, TURNER, KENT

James HACKET, born in Ireland in 1809, came to America in 1829, locating in Cattaraugus county near Ellicottville. In 1831 he came to Cold Spring and was killed by the cars at Marsh's crossing in March, 1891. He was a farmer and a Catholic. His wife was Lucy, daughter of Samuel PRICE, who came to Cold Spring in 1832. Their children were Barney, Perry, Aurelia, John, Francis, and Susan, of whom John, born April 15, 1846, has been a life-long resident of Cold Spring and by occupation has been a farmer and lumberman. He studied law with Rodney R. CROWLEY, of Randolph, but was never admitted to the bar. August 8, 1863, he enlisted in Co. M, 13th N. Y. H. A., and served two years. His brother Perry enlisted in 1862 and served about three years in Co. A, 154th N. Y. Vols. John HACKET has been elected justice of the peace continuously since 1878, and has served as constable, school trustee, and justice of sessions two terms. He married, first, in 1873, Ellen, daughter of Thomas TURNER, an early settler of Cold Spring. She died in 1874 and Mr. HACKET married, second, Feb. 28, 1877, Annett, daughter of Brazil KENT, of Steamburgh, and their children are B. Grace, born Dec. 11, 1877, and Cary, born July 11,1880.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bio from:

Historical Gazetteer and Biographical Memorial of Cattaraugus Co. NY, ed by William Adams, pub 1893

History of the Town of Cold Spring Chapter XXI (21)

Page 498

Surname: HALE

Albert HALE was at one time a prominent resident and one of the leading farmers of Cold Spring. He was supervisor of the town in 1889 and 1890, and died a year or two ago. His widow resides on the homestead.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bio from:

Historical Gazetteer and Biographical Memorial of Cattaraugus Co. NY, ed by William Adams, pub 1893

History of the Town of Cold Spring Chapter XXI (21)

Page 498

Surnames: HELMS, KELLEY, CHAMPLIN, HOLT, REEVES, EDDY, COY

Milton HELMS came to Cold Spring in 1826 and cleared the farm where his son Orson E. now lives, where he lived and died in November, 1873. His wife, Lorinda KELLEY, died there in 1879. Mr. HELMS was constable and collector and otherwise prominent in town affairs. His children were John (deceased), Julia A. (Mrs. George CHAMPLIN), deceased, Mary E. (Mrs. H. H. HOLT), Willard (deceased), Emeline (Mrs. G. W. REEVES), Elizabeth (Mrs. Nathan EDDY), Eliza (Mrs.A. COY), and Orson E.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bio from:

Historical Gazetteer and Biographical Memorial of Cattaraugus Co. NY, ed by William Adams, pub 1893

History of the Town of Cold Spring Chapter XXI (21)

Page 499

Surnames: HOVEY, METCALF, SPAULDING, SNOW, CASE, HALL, HARMON, LARKIN

Ziba HOVEY, born in 1788, came from Genesee county (now Wyoming) to Conewango in 1829, where he pursued farming. Shortly afterward he removed to Randolph and engaged in hotel keeping, following this business in both villages during a considerable portion of the remainder of his life. In 1836 he started west with his family, intending to go down the, Allegheny and Ohio rivers on a raft. He embarked his effects at the confluence of Cold Spring creek with the Allegheny river, but navigation gave out and he landed there and built and started a hotel, which he kept two years, being succeeded by Howard FULLER, Sr. The building burned a few years ago. Mr. HOVEY returned to Randolph, where be kept hotel, and eventually removed to Cold Spring, where he died at the residence of his son, La Fayette, Feb. 17, 1879, aged nearly ninety-one. His wife, born in 1789, was Sophia METCALF, whom he married Dec. 25, 1810. Their children were Chauncey A. (deceased); Sophronia S. (deceased); Andrew J. (deceased); Ziba M., born July 1, 1816, of East Randolph; Emily A. (Mrs. D. B. SPAULDING), born April 5, 1818, of Cold Spring; Alta M. (deceased), born Nov. 29, 1819; Laura P. (Mrs. C. A. SNOW), born Oct. 20, 1821, of East Randolph ; Franklin C., born Oct. 21, 1823 ; Clarissa H., of Iowa; Amelia A., born July 23, 1827; and La Fayette, born March 15, 1831. Mrs. HOVEY died Feb. 17, 1873.

LaFayette HOVEY came to Cold Spring in 1863 and to his present farm in 1866. He married, Oct. 13, 1858, Louisa T. CASE, of Bergen, Genesee county, and their children are Fernando G., born Sept. 11, 1859; Carrie E., born June 20, 1862; and Nettie M., born July 14, 1865, Mr. HOVEY is a carpenter and joiner by trade, and with his father and two brothers has assisted in the erection of almost every building in East Randolph village.

Franklin C. HOVEY is also a carpenter and joiner by trade. From 1858 until 1865 he followed lumbering, and since then has been both a farmer and lumberman. He now lives in East Randolph. While residing in Cold Spring he served as assessor six years and justice of the peace one term. May 8, 1848, Mr. HOVEY married Harriet H., daughter of Horace HALL, one of the pioneers of Randolph. Their children are De Ette (deceased); Edgar W. (deceased); Adelle (Mrs. W. G. HARMON), of Old Orchard Beach, Me.; Nellie F.; and Kittie M. (Mrs. F. LARKIN, Jr.), of Randolph.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bio from:

Historical Gazetteer and Biographical Memorial of Cattaraugus Co. NY, ed by William Adams, pub 1893

History of the Town of Cold Spring Chapter XXI (21)

Page 499

Surnames: LYON, WRIGHT, WYMAN, MORSE

Ethel L. LYON, for a long time a prominent resident of Steamburgh, was a lumberman and a farmer. He came into the town in the fall of 1847, and died here Dec. 19, 1889. His wife, Sophia, a daughter of Charles WRIGHT, deceased, lives with her son in Steamburgh village. Their children were Ellen J., Clayton S., Manley S. (deceased), Maryette (Mrs. H. G. WYMAN), Adella R. (deceased), Julia E. Herman A., and Fred L. Mr. LYON organized the first school ever taught in Cold Spring and with Charles MORSE named the village of Steamburgh.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bio from:

Historical Gazetteer and Biographical Memorial of Cattaraugus Co. NY, ed by William Adams, pub 1893

History of the Town of Cold Spring Chapter XXI (21)

Page 499

Surnames: METCALF, ASH, HUNTINGTON, SMITH, HEVENOR, HUGGINS

Jotham METCALF, born July 16, 1791, in Keene, N. H., came to Conewango in Feb., 1823, and settled on lot 2, being the first settler on Elm creek in that town. His wife, Sarah ASH, born in Rensselaer county in 1794, died March 22, 1883. Their children were Sarah H. (Mrs. T. HUNTINGTON), deceased; Jotham H., deceased; Henry L., of East Randolph; David M.; and Mary M. (Mrs. Zalmon SMITH), of Napoli. Mr. METCALF died at the home of his youngest daughter July 5, 1875. He was a life-long resident of Conegango, and both he and his wife were exemplary members of the Freewill Baptist church, uniting, however, with several others in 1826 in forming a Methodist class at their house, there being no services of their own faith then in the town. For many years Mr. METCALF was a deacon of the church.

David M. METCALF, born in Conewango, April 10, 1823, married, March 19, 1847, Jeannette, daughter of Ira SMITH, and they have had two children, viz.: Mary Isabelle, who married W. D. HEVENOR, of Salamanca, and is deceased, and Cora (Mrs. C. A.. HUGGINS, of Salamanca). Mr. METCALF has been justice of the peace many years, justice of sessions two terms, poormaster, and town auditor. He is a representative farmer and a public spirited citizen.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bio from:

Historical Gazetteer and Biographical Memorial of Cattaraugus Co. NY, ed by William Adams, pub 1893

History of the Town of Cold Spring Chapter XXI (21)

Page 498

Surnames: MORSE, HARTMAN, ARNOLD

Harding MORSE, born in Connecticut, Feb. 5, 1796, was a descendant of seven brothers, early settlers of New England, and his father, James, served seven years in the Revolutionary army. His mother was a Brewster, a family noted in New England history. Mr. MORSE was a hatter by trade and worked in the first factory in the United States that employed machinery in the manufacture of hats, pursuing his avocation under lock and key, for the work then was a secret. His wife, Catherine HARTMAN, whom he married in Dansville, Livingston county, about 1820, bore him eight children, three of whom grew to maturity, viz.: Harman, Lovisa, and Charles. He removed finally to Perry, Wyoming county, after following his trade in nearly all the eastern States, and came thence in 1833 to Otto, where he was a farmer and lumberman, running a saw-mill there about two years. In 1842 he moved to Mansfield and thence in 1847 to Cold Spring, where he died Oct. 30, 1853. His wife died in Otto, April 10, 1840. He was a Royal Arch Mason.

Charles MORSE, born in Perry, Wyoming county, Aug. 14, 1830, was reared on a farm and came to Steamburgh with his father in 1847, when there was but one house in the place, and for four weeks saw no white man and but one Indian. He married, Jan. 15, 1854, Rachel, daughter of Rev. Thomas ARNOLD (see Napoli), and their only child, Charles Harding, was born Sept. 7, 1856. Mr. MORSE has manufactured large quantities of lumber.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bio from:

Historical Gazetteer and Biographical Memorial of Cattaraugus Co. NY, ed by William Adams, pub 1893

History of the Town of Cold Spring Chapter XXI (21)

Page 500

Surnames: PRICE, CHENEY, CULVER, POPE, EARL, CROOKS, BUTLER

The PRICE family has long been prominent in the settlement of Cold Spring. Its members have always been public spirited, influential citizens, many of them holding offices of trust and responsibility. The first of the name to arrive was Meletiah PRICE, who came about 1827, settling where Steamburgh now is. He later moved to Little Valley and thence to Conewango, where he died in 1850.

Samuel PRICE came from Otsego, Otsego county, to Cold Spring in 1833 and settled on the farm where his son Dorr now lives, and where he died May 31, 1862. His wife, Elizabeth CHENEY, who died March 11, 1876, bore him these children: Ebenezer C. (deceased), James W. (deceased), Sarah (deceased), Matilda (Mrs. Edward CULVER), of Steamburgh, Lucy, Angeline (Mrs. Angel POPE), of Randolph, Jonathan (deceased), Joseph, Martin, and Dorr. Mr. PRICE was justice of the peace many years, poormaster, assessor, school trustee, and a lumberman and farmer.

Joseph PRICE was born March 10, 1832, married, Feb. 12, 1854, Diantha, daughter of William EARL, and they have had two children: Amanda (Mrs. John CROOKS), of Corydon, Pa., and Elmer, of Waterford, Pa. Mr. PRICE built and for fifteen years ran a saw-mill. Aug. 13, 1862, he enlisted in Co. A, 154th N. Y. Vols., and served until the close of the war, being slightly wounded. Dorr PRICE enlisted at the same time and in the same company, and served nineteen months, being discharged for physical disability.

Ebenezer C. PRICE, born June 19, 1815, died in Cold Spring June 17, 1875. He was prominent in political affairs, serving as supervisor, county excise commissioner, justice of the peace, justice of sessions, and coroner. His wife was Sally, daughter of Noah CULVER, and their children were Ellen (deceased), Emma (Mrs. T. P. BUTLER), of Cold Spring, Elbert, of Cold Spring, and Elsie.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bio from:

Historical Gazetteer and Biographical Memorial of Cattaraugus Co. NY, ed by William Adams, pub 1893

History of the Town of Cold Spring Chapter XXI (21)

Page 501

Surnames: REEVES, HELMS, ABBEY, PROSSNER, BRACE

George W. REEVES, son of Warren H. (see South Valley), was born Aug, 16, 1827, and came with his parents to South Valley in 1837. He married, June 51, 1849, Emeline, daughter of Milton HELMS, of Cold Spring, and their children are Fayette W. (deceased); Delora R. (Mrs. D. J. ABBEY), of Salamanca; Frank A., of Salamanca; Lizzie M. (Mrs. M. P.PROSSER), of Buffalo; Lorenda A. (deceased); and Ernest G. and Darwin W., of Johnsonburg, Pa. Mr. REEVES has been a farmer, carpenter, and lumberman. He came to Cold Spring in 1849. While in South Valley he was town clerk one term. With his two brothers, William I. and Daniel F., he enlisted in Co. I, 9th N. Y. Cav., in 1864, serving until the war closed. He has retired from active life.

Daniel F. REEVES, another son of Warren H. REEVES, was born May 12, 1834, and married, March 31, 1866, Sophronia, daughter of Elisha BRACE, and their children are Warren E., born Jan. 11, 1867; George R., born Feb. 5, 1869, of North Dakota; Ernest C., born Dec. 2, 1872; Daniel E., born Jan. 24, 1875; and J. BRACE, born April 20, 1877. Mr. REEVES has been assistant clerk of the Board of Supervisors, town assessor, and for over thirty years a teacher in the public schools. He has been district deputy of the county grange and was supervisor in 1892 and re-elected in 1893

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bio from:

Historical Gazetteer and Biographical Memorial of Cattaraugus Co. NY, ed by William Adams, pub 1893

History of the Town of Cold Spring Chapter XXI (21)

Page 501

Surnames: WYMAN, LYON, MORSE, LEACH

Josiah WYMAN came to Steamburgh from Kennedy, Chautauqua county, in 1847, but soon returned. His children were Harvey G. and Hettie (deceased). He died in 1857. Harvey G. WYMAN, born April 30, 1849, married, July 4, 1870, Maryette, daughter of E. L. LYON, and their children are Jennie S., Nellie S., Elmer H., Ellis A., and Beulah H. He has spent his life in lumbering. In September, 1892, with C. H. MORSE, under the firm name of MORSE & WYMAN, he bought the steam saw and shingle-mill of Joseph LEACH which was formerly owned by E. L. LYON. Mr. WYMAN has been postmaster four years, highway commissioner one year, and school trustee three years.

TOWN OF ELKO

BIOGRAPHICAL SKETCHES FROM: "HISTORICAL GAZETTEER AND BIOGRAPHICAL MEMORIAL of CATTARAUGUS COUNTY, NY, ed by WILLIAM ADAMS, Published 1893

Bio from:

Historical Gazetteer and Biographical Memorial of Cattaraugus Co. NY, ed by William Adams, pub 1893

History of the Town of Elko Chapter XXV (25)

Page 569

Surnames: BARTON, FARGO, CASKEY, MORRISON, HILL, WILLIAMS

Leonard BARTON came to Elko in 1838 and settled on lot 2, where he died July 13, 1891. His wife, Eveline FARGO, of Gerry, Chautauqua county, is still living; their children were James S., of Quaker Bridge; Elizabeth D. (Mrs. Gideon CASKEY) of Frewsburg, Chautauqua county; Frank M.; Charles M., of Randolph; Edgar A., of Elko; Ella V. (Mrs. Charles MORRISON), of Elko; Clarinda and Celestia (deceased); LaFayette L., of Tennessee; and Loretta E. (Mrs. Frank HILL), of Bradford, Pa. Frank M. BARTON has served as highway commissioner, school trustee, and assessor, as well as in other capacities of responsibility. He married Emily M., daughter of George A. WILLIAMS, of Cold Spring. They have an adopted son, Leo D. The BARTON family were early and have always been prominent, public-spirited residents of Elko. The father of Leonard BARTON, James, was an early settler, as were also his sons Chester, Smith, Asher, Joseph, Merrills, Sylvester, and Walter.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bio from:

Historical Gazetteer and Biographical Memorial of Cattaraugus Co. NY, ed by William Adams, pub 1893

History of the Town of Elko Chapter XXV (25)

Page 570

Surname: HOLT

Manley D. HOLT came to Elko from Warren county, Pa., about 1873. He has always been engaged in the lumber business. Since residing in this town he has manufactured and shipped large quantities, owning both saw and shingle-mills of good capacity. Although never seeking office, in fact always declining it, he has been elected to several local positions of importance, which he filled with credit. He resides at Quaker Bridge.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bio from:

Historical Gazetteer and Biographical Memorial of Cattaraugus Co. NY, ed by William Adams, pub 1893

History of the Town of Elko Chapter XXV (25)

Page 570

Surnames: MORRISON, BROWN, BRADLEY, WRIGHT

Ephraim MORRISON was one of the first settlers in South Valley where the village of Onoville now stands. He was the first innkeeper there and for some time was a justice of the peace. In politics he was a Whig. He died in Iowa. His children were Hiram, Benjamin, William (deceased), Harriet (Mrs. John BROWN, deceased), Rosina (Mrs. Elijah BRADLEY), Ophelia (Mrs. Asa WRIGHT), John, Reuben, and Lafayette. Benjamin and the last two mentioned reside in Elko. Benjamin Morrison married a daughter of Zabin WRIGHT, a long-time resident of Quaker run, in which locality Mr. MORRISON has lived since 1872.

Back To Cattaraugus County


If you have anything of genealogical or historical interest to add to this site, or if you are interested in becoming a member of the Painted Hills Genealogy Society, please contact me at:

Painted Hills

This page is maintained by the PHGS
Last Update January 25, 2004

2002 by The Painted Hills Genealogy Society
Main | Email Us | Look-Ups | Members Family Pages
Chat and Meeting Room | Disclaimer

Website designed by Frankie Stonemetz
2002 Painted Hills Genealogy Society
All Rights Reserved